We’re very pleased to announce that Node.js applications can now be deployed on all of our servers. This functionality is available within cPanel via the “Setup Node.js App” link that can be found under the software section. Upon selecting the “Create Application” button you’ll see the screen below.
When creating an application you have the following options available to you:
- Node.js Version – We currently offer the latest LTS (12.x) and prior LTS (10.x) versions. More can be added as needed though currently we plan to stick with the LTS releases (even version numbers). The desired version can be changed for any application at any time.
- Application Mode – Simply select Development or Production based on your needs.
- Application Root – This defines the file system path for the application, relative to the cPanel account’s home directory. If the cPanel user was “node” then entering “app” in this field would create the application at /home/node/app.
- Application URL – This configures the URL to be used with the application. If left blank, it will configure the root (sub)domain to load the application.
- Application Startup File – This defines your application startup file and will default to app.js if left blank.
You can also choose to define a passenger log file and setup custom environment variables if desired. Once you’ve created the application, you can visit the URL you configured for the application and see a basic test page like the one below.
Now that you have created an application, you can continue to manage it via cPanel. This includes restarting it, changing the Node.js version, switching between Development and Production, etc.
We know that many of you have been looking forward to this functionality and we’re eager to hear your feedback. Please let us know what you think here or via a ticket!